Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Kindey Foundation Walk

I have other things to blog about, but I wanted to post about the Kidney Foundation Walk I am going to participate in this October. (45 days!)

Some of you may know this is an important issue to me, so I have been very excited for this. If you have considered buying me a drink at any point, I suggest you save my liver, along with mine and other people's kidneys, and put that five dollars (or ten if you are in NYC or DC :P ) towards this cause. Any amount helps!

- Chronic kidney disease is a public health problem affecting 26 million Americans
- Risk factors include diabetes, high blood pressure and family history
- One in nine American adults have kidney disease and most don’t know it (and miss the opportunity to take early action)
- 92,000 people are waiting for organ transplants
- 17 people die each day waiting for an organ transplant

This is my walkpage, where you can track my progress and donate.

2 comments:

  1. In regard to your overall list, where are these new fruits & vegetables, who invented them, and how do I obtain them?

    ReplyDelete